Provide a clean and comfortable environment to meet.
Organize refreshments for the group. Preferably food but can be just drinks.
Look for the shy people and involve them before and after meetings.
Support the leader. Jump in there with comments to get the discussions going.
Organize one social event per season.
If you believe that The Lord wants you to serve as a host for one of our Anchor Groups, please email Pastor Shawn.
- Have a heart for the people. Be willing to invest in them and hear their hearts even when it’s hard.
- Listen to the Sermon. If you miss it we will have it podcast and website by the end of Sunday.
- Complete Anchored Deep Page. (Homework that all members will get)
- Pray and ask the Lord to use you and work through you. We desire for God’s Spirit to lead these groups and for God’s grace to be poured out through them.
- Lead the weekly Anchor Group meeting. Lead a time of sharing.
- (Whats going on in your life) 15-20 min
- Go through the questions as the Spirit leads. You should only be talking about 20% of the time. Guide your group to the truths in the Word of God and Jesus himself. Always get the eyes to look to Jesus. 45 min
- Lead a time of prayer. 15-20 min
- Greet everyone. Make them feel cared for and comfortable.
- Take note of the needs in your group and communicate those to your overseer.
- Visit members in the hospital.
- Handle Conflict, difficult people, and bad theology with grace and patience. Often “how” you say things is more important than what you say. Communicate all such instances to your pastor.